threat-endurable

Author Topic: Support Fleets  (Read 3587 times)

Offline Cinderhawk

• View Profile
Support Fleets
« on: March 01, 2012, 06:56:21 PM »
What would be a good size fleet to support a Zeus?

Offline Grandizer

• View Profile
Re: Support Fleets
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 08:36:15 PM »
BC the minimum to take it out for each ship class that can take it out and then BC the fleet needed to take that fleet out, WITHOUT the Zeus added.
You can then do some mixing, 75 Hades and 75 Athenas, and so forth....

Offline bravicus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 09:06:07 PM »
More Zeus?

What is the fleet for?

Offline chgrogers

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 09:13:15 PM »
The fleet is the Bait and the Zeus is the Ninja?

Offline Thor Odinson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:34:08 AM »
Hey boss, you don't "support a Zeus".  Zeus is really for 2 specific purposes, one is for fleet-saving same-planet (and even that is risky of you're like me and sleep 8 hours a night), the other is to bait people into attacking you because people like to hit Zeus (badges and all I guess).

Some people think it's useful on a Titan, but even there it's a waste.  I'll build enough for the badges I suppose (though why I find myself doing anything for badges still confuses me), but generally speaking, they're a waste of resources. 

Offline Malevolence

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
As many have stated Zeus save hydro but are wayyyyyy too rigid in the Fleet save times I would only use one in the middle of nowhere. My suggestions is get your Hydro plant over 25 and fleet save at low speed % to conserve hydro. For ninja bait its useful as previously stated and forget about EVER using it to attack. As for a support fleet im assuming your referring too cargo's and fodder if that's the case this fleet guide is pretty much cannon to go by.   http://forum.playstarfleet.com/index.php?topic=9121.0

I would suggest you invest that Zeus Res into infrastructure (Mines, Foundry's, and Shipyards) or Research.

Offline Dootball

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:16:25 PM »
If you sleep for 8 hours then using a Zeus to FRS insystem can give you some great results. And as far as being predicatble times there are a minimum 7 different times for insystem RFS so as long as you mix them up that reduces the chances of someone being able to calculate your return time even further.
And doing this still costs a bit of hydro but way less than doing a FRS normally. Especuilly where you need to save for over 14 or so hours and can avoid having to go out system at great hrdyo cost.

Offline KamnemS

• Facebook - KamnemS
    • Skype - KamnemSCC
    • View Profile
Support Fleets
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »
Hey there I am a gold V support main. I think I can help you out a bit with teamfighting, since I find it where I perform the best.

I will add you and chat with you some more in-game/in the client.

- Revinz