threat-endurable

Author Topic: SDE GAME POLE  (Read 3834 times)

Offline YNC(SS) Retired

• View Profile
SDE GAME POLE
« on: September 27, 2013, 02:05:32 PM »
If I have ruined the game for as many players as SNAFU thinks I do apologize. That was never my intent. I would like to hear from as many of you as possible so I can decide what I am going to do. I love this game to much to see it fade away. Would everyone please post Yes or No or Don't Care

Yes - for I have ruined the Game for you or
No - you are okay with me helping the players who decide to join my alliance.
Don't Care - Don't have an opinion
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:09:13 PM by YNC(SS) Retired »

Offline SimonH

• View Profile
Re: SDE GAME POLE
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 02:20:05 PM »
NO

Offline Matt H

• Blue Frog Gaming
  • Community Manager
    • Facebook - matt.hirschfelt
    • Google+ - 100279481157780610176
    • LinkedIn - matthirschfelt
    • Skype - MattH_BFG
    • Twitter - MattHirschfelt
    • View Profile
    • Blue Frog Gaming
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 02:36:59 PM »
I'm really not a fan of poll threads. However, players should play the game in a way that they enjoy without so much regard for how other's feel about their play style. I think a little less stock in the numerical ranking on the leaderboard and a little more stock in things in the game that actually are fun for that person will go a long way in improving their perception about the game.
Connect with BFG:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Official Website
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
  |  
Connect with me:
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn
Offline Admirel Cunningham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 02:50:39 PM »
I have NEVER agreed with Matt more then this last post . Actually I have rarely if ever agreed with him, but he hit the nail on the head here.

I Vote   NO.  Play your game YNC, and let the 'ships' fall where they may

Offline YNC(SS) Retired

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 03:01:59 PM »
SNAFU and the others are making claims that I have ruined the game for a lot of players. I would like to know if that is 10, 100, 500. If you do not want to place a vote here. Please send me a message in game.

Offline Marhin DeMosr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 01:12:59 AM »
I won't say the game is RUINED. I will say it's frustrating to see people with considerably less time in the game catapulted past me (not taran, devil-spawn, or others who've been here longer than I!)
I've always looked at the leaderboards as a measure of the time and effort put into the game, and it's sobering to see that while a good general rule, there are shortcuts into the top 100.
That being said, I keep playing at least until my stash of credits runs out. At that point, it depends if something occurs to keep my interest in the game. Gaining ground on the leaderboards has been about the only driving force for me, which has been slow going since I passed about 150, regardless of recent events.
My question is, what do you get out of this game, YNC(SS) Retired‎? Given your position, and 6400% lead over the second spot, what keeps you logging in every day? What goal are you shooting for?

Offline YNC(SS) Retired

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 01:29:30 AM »
My goal is to see NPC spawning off most my alliance members similar to the ones that spawn off me. It will take some time, I figure about 8-12 months. I was board with the game and because of all the time I had invested in the game I did not want to quit. My solution was to create my own alliance and help those that wanted to hunt NPCs.

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 01:52:26 AM »
Have fun and play the game how it makes you happy. There will always be people who cry about any kind of play style that is not their own.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Offline Ares

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 07:43:32 AM »
No, still having fun.. but the leaderboard will be pointless soon with your plans for 50 members in G25. Your alliance will own ranks 1 - 50. But i guess it's a trade off as your alliance will be like farmville. Either way Blue Frog didn't see this coming.
SDE: Cipher Dawn
NOVA: Cipher Dawn

Offline IGGY777

• PLAY FOR FUN
    • Facebook - IGOR DOBIC
    • Google+ - IGOR DOBIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 11:17:29 AM »
NO!!!!!!!!!!You didn't ruined the game quite an opposite you make more interesting!Don't worry there will always be someone who don't approve your work and that's the game.Keep doing the great job YNC!!!Hell i wish to be in your alliance too!Stay cool and don't bother on other tough!Good hunting to all!
IGGY777

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 05:41:17 PM »
I agree with NPC's being a "easy" target it's harder to climb the rankings with so many others busting them up too. But all this does is make the overall rank of a player not a factor in how they are a threat to you. It never truly was, but was more accurate before than now. Just focus on their fleet, defenses, etc. Don't worry about a enemies DSP ranking. It means absolutely nothing on how they can defend, attack, etc.. on a really player.

Both sides of this have their points. And i see both sides. PvP wants more recognition for their points and PvNPC are having fun busting up aliens. Just gotta roll with what we got and have fun.

Offline cush

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 08:51:49 PM »
No you haven't ruined the game, I've lost 4 places, If I lose 49 the game will still be the same but why pull a newbie into the top 100 with free dsp? I'm not sure what that achieves.  Why not just give them the res to build the fleet and infrastructure themselves. I'd prefer it if proportional dsp system was in place for group attacks.

I'm not losing any sleep over it but I can understand the frustration of people who have worked at their account for a couple of years only to see somebody pass them with a couple of probe rides.

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 09:33:42 PM »
Maybe if the rules for Group Attack where the same as the newer universes. "DSP is shared proportionally according to the RSP of the ships involved."

Maybe we should request that here too. I would not oppose it.

Offline Chemist

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 12:07:06 AM »
No, YNC, you have not ruined the game. 

When I have the time to plan and monitor an attack against PvP targets, I would much rather do that.  That being said, I can launch on NPCs while at work and then catch my ships returning during lunch.

It is kind of frustrating to see a player's stats all near 1900 range save their DSP which is top 100.  That makes them just outside of my attack range.

I think that BFG ought to award DSP based on the player's contribution to the attack, just like Jack posted above.

scoticus prime

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 01:33:50 AM »
I would second Jacks proposal... however, seeing the graveyards of "I" planets that once were high ranking players... I don't give this universe much longer before it fades away into oblivion.