threat-endurable

Author Topic: i'm done  (Read 3947 times)

Offline Watcher

• View Profile
Re: i'm done
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 05:43:36 AM »
well I have been playing the BFG games for 3 years or more. playing well is not the problem , I find that all the games are too close to appearance to each other . And the small amount of players have made the gameplay a tiresome chore at times.
 I have in SDE planets that are lonely. the systems are empthy and it doesnt have any good targets for up to 100-125 systems in some Galaxies.
 sure I have the occasional player but i can go over a DOZEN systems without a single active world. no players. In some parts of the game its worse. and also when i do have a chance to hit an NPC I find it has tech 18 or higher and 125000 arties.
 If I had all my ships on the same planet I might have a chance but the algorithm that makes the aliens has to be skewed. its off kilter.
I know the BFG team does its best but folks i gotta hand it to Sandman. he played em all like a champ and left with his head held high.
 I know that someday soon i will do the same but the empty feeling of putting all this time into the game and not having a satisfying experience will haunt me.

scoticus prime

Re: i'm done
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 03:21:48 AM »
Sadly, thoughts that seem to echo my own, of late.

birthmark-ant