threat-endurable

Author Topic: NPC's and activity markers  (Read 1768 times)

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
NPC's and activity markers
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:49:58 AM »
I asked BFG if NPC's make activity markers when they spawn a long time ago, and i'm pretty sure they said no. But every time i get a Urcath Transmission, Krug, etc.., It shows a marker exactly the length of time ago that i received the message.

In everybody else's experience, do NPC's make activity markers when they spawn?
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

Offline qwerty

• View Profile
Re: NPC's and activity markers
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:24:04 AM »
They spawn with the activity marker

Offline commander ABаб

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 07:03:00 AM »
They spawn with the activity marker just like a titan does.

Offline Devil_Spawn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 04:15:25 PM »
Taken from WIKI...

"-Spawning process
NPCs spawn hourly at the Universe-wide rate of (30 * Number of Galaxies) per hour. NPCs are allocated to galaxies based on the relative number of planets in each galaxy that have been colonized by active players (players that are not inactive, in vacation mode, or suspended). However, no more than 500 NPCs may be active in any one galaxy. When an NPC spawns in a galaxy, it will randomly select a planet that has been colonized by an active player, and it will size itself after the colonizing player. If it selects one of your planets and you are in the 99th percentile of players, an NPC that displays on the Galaxy page as being "white" to you would spawn in that galaxy, between 0 and 99 systems away from the selected planet. If you are in the 50th percentile, a "white" NPC would spawn in that galaxy, between 0 and 50 systems from the selected planet, etc. "Red" NPCs spawned off players larger than you, and "green" NPCs spawned off players smaller than you. The game uses the current-day player-based ship and defense build ratio information, with some randomizations applied, to determine the composition of each new NPC. If the spawned-off player is at the 97th RSP percentile (for example), the build ratio information for the player representing the 95 - 100 percentile bucket will be used as the base data for determining the NPC's distribution of ships and defenses, by type. The percentage of RSP assigned to defenses is templated with some variation applied at the time of spawning. In general, a larger percentage of the RSP is assigned to defenses the larger the NPC is. ("NPC's spawn every hour on the hour, and they don't show activity when they spawn.")"

thats what is shown in the wiki... how accurate that is i don`t know... as i was informed that npc spawn at 15mins past the hour every hour..
D estined to sow the seeds of EVIL

Offline commander ABаб

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 05:21:00 PM »
But I've gone to the galaxy screen before, refreshed the page after a minute, and a new NPC is there with an activity marker.  So the WIKI is WRONG on that count.  You believe what you want.  It's interesting that that phrase is bold and in parentheses in the wiki.  It seems like it was added as an afterthought.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:27:25 PM by commander ABаб »

Offline Devil_Spawn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 11:30:13 PM »
no i changed it to bold to make it stand out on here for you...
D estined to sow the seeds of EVIL

Offline qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 11:30:53 PM »
Umm I think he bolded to show us the passage more clearly for the too long didn't read people. But the wiki is indeed wrong here. That thing hasn't been updated in so long...

Offline JacksRage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 03:21:17 AM »
It does seem wrong. I believe i've seen them spawn during the middle of the hour. Not on the hour.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.

birthmark-ant