threat-endurable

Author Topic: Zero tech NPC  (Read 5359 times)

Offline YNC(SS) Retired

• View Profile
Re: Zero tech NPC
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 03:16:38 PM »
Devil Spawn I have to say that I believe the Zero Tech NPC you are referring to only spawn off the number 1 player. Before I moved to G25 they only spawned in G1. I moved to G25 thinking they would follow me to G25 and they did. This is why I was able to grow the guys in TCBO1 so fast. I was hitting 2-3 of these type NPC a day and it was all profit no losses. From what I have been told by the guys that hunted for them in G1 they never spawned again in G1 and this ruined the game for them.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 03:20:55 PM by YNC(SS) Retired »

Offline Devil_Spawn

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
yep, as good and as fun as they are and was hitting them, if it is not a level playing field then it does give a huge unfair advantage to one player... and that to me signifies that the NPC to RSP growth is in fact not working otherwise we would be seeing some decent zero techs from other players in other galaxies...

Whilst i`m not going to knock Duke for taking advantage of the obvious flaw in the NPC, the last time people took advantage of the NPC, then they(BFG) moved the goal posts so to speak...

so its time for BFG to make them readily available across the ranges or make them unavailable altogether..

A players wallet should not be able to dictate the npc spawn in this way......
D estined to sow the seeds of EVIL

Offline YNC(SS) Retired

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 04:43:07 PM »
Devil Spawn I do not know if the Zero Tech NPC Spawn only off the #1 player. I don't think that is the case because we have seen Zero Tech NPC in the lower size. They do not produce the big debris fields because they spawned off a player with low RSP. BFG designed the NPC to be based on a players RSP size. If a player only has one planet in a galaxy then there is only one opportunity for a NPC to spawn from that player. This is why there are so many big NPC in G25. If one does spawn from that player more than likely it will spawn outside his/her normal search area.

BFG is not going to fix our perceived problem with the NPC. BFG reply will be that the NPC are working as designed. This is why I started TCBO1. I wanted to create a great hunting galaxy. I would say it worked. There are tons of large NPC in G25 that do not get hit.

Offline commander ABаб

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 05:19:44 PM »
:) Let's all move into a different galaxy.

Offline Devil_Spawn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 05:30:37 PM »
There are tons of large NPC in G25 that do not get hit.

from what has been seen lately... very few large NPC...atm 100k z are needed to hit even the small 200k dio npc.
 for example this is a fairly common one in the last couple of weeks
Encounter Large Floating Colony [25:278:4e] has:
RESOURCES:
* ore: 37,199,056 
* crystal: 163,927,621 
* hydrogen: 99,536,364 
================================
Total plunder: 150,331,520 (6014 herc / 30067 atlas)
DSP: 27,277,192 (742503 Dios)

URCATH'S SHIPS:
* Artemis Class Fighter: 76,398
* Atlas Class Cargo: 1,238,208
* Apollo Class Fighter: 4,590
* Zagreus Class Recycler: 53,417
* Hercules Class Cargo: 58,240
* Dionysus Class Recycler: 454,141
* Poseidon Class Cruiser: 86,685
* Carmanor Class Cargo: 82,024
* Athena Class Battleship: 48,441
* Ares Class Bomber: 30,924
* Hades Class Battleship: 37,157
* Prometheus Class Destroyer: 136,483
* Zeus Class: 853

DEFENSES:
* Missile Battery: 33,856,576
* Laser Cannon: 10,333,024
* Pulse Cannon: 3,190,847
* Particle Cannon: 7,519,521
* Decoy: 1
* Gauss Cannon: 469,826
* Large Decoy: 1
* Plasma Cannon: 285,554

TECHS:
* Armor Tech: 18
* Weapons Tech: 18

it needed 180k z to break it for a mere 700k dios of debris and this is why the smaller ones of this size went unhit and is why people chased the z techs...

however in regards to this "Devil Spawn I do not know if the Zero Tech NPC Spawn only off the #1 player. I don't think that is the case because we have seen Zero Tech NPC in the lower size"

Its the disparity between the levels that is the problem, yes i have also seen a couple of bottom of the range dwelling zero tech NPC`s but i haven`t seen any spawning in other galaxies from other sized players other than the number 1... so its either huge or nothing and nothing in between...

As i mentioned in an earlier post,had they spawned from other players and i used myself as an example then i should have seen zero tech NPC in gal 13 of around 2.5m to around 60m dsp based on me being approx 1/10th of the number 1 rank.... but we do not see them.

and its this disparity that needs addressing... and is why i`m shouting for some equality..

When NPC first came out...many high ranked players myself included jumped a planet into secluded galaxies to take advantage of the then set spawn rate and many players screamed about us, bfg fairly quickly changed this and made the spawn to equal population within the galaxy... at that time NPC were of a set rsp level...

I was away when the NPC=RSP was brought in, I would have raised concerns then before the introduction because it was and is unbalancing... as has been proven, but then it turns out that the z tech spawn off a limited amount of players which once again to me is wrong.

and this is what i`m shouting about... should be the same game mechanics for all...

Offline Devil_Spawn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 05:31:44 PM »
:) Let's all move into a different galaxy.

mmm lets see what galaxy should we all choose?.....MMMMmmmm how`s about galaxy 23 ? lmao...

Offline Watcher

• View Profile
Re: Zero tech NPC /maybe a twist?
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 06:02:08 AM »
well BFG could make the entire game just ONE galaxy. making it  almost 12500 systems in just 1 galaxy thus having those NPCs you want to be in the same galaxy as everyone. ( just a thought, even though its impracticable)
or do as they have done in the past in other games and compress SDE since we dont have that large a player base they could just eliminate all unoccupied systems and make it easier to see the NPCs as they spawn?
Or maybe we could do as it has been suggested and all move to G25. it would then become like a shooting gallery and the game would get more exciting for about 5 minutes

Offline commander ABаб

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 06:29:11 AM »
No thanks

Offline Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2014, 10:35:19 AM »
I myself get bored clicking the mouse a hundred times to see system after system of empty planet slots and no one there to occupy them.
 If there is someone then it is usually one of the bot generated players BFG has made to supply us with the idea that the game is not slow and is getting played by people who just go through cadets and then leave the game.I have a theory that they aer provided for a few reasons.
 To give us hope new players are trying a BFG game, or to feed the noobs that are playing as some of those NPCs are so screwed you need a nuke and a demigod to take em out.
when I cruise through the game even with the high speed internet I subscribe to it takes a while to find a good target and then when I do I have to travel 50-100 systems or more away to hit it.

we might consider dropping some empty space to get the gameplay more action

Offline commander ABаб

• View Profile
Re: Zero tech NPC /maybe a twist?
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 01:15:24 PM »
well BFG could make the entire game just ONE galaxy. making it  almost 12500 systems in just 1 galaxy thus having those NPCs you want to be in the same galaxy as everyone. ( just a thought, even though its impracticable)
or do as they have done in the past in other games and compress SDE since we dont have that large a player base they could just eliminate all unoccupied systems and make it easier to see the NPCs as they spawn?
Or maybe we could do as it has been suggested and all move to G25. it would then become like a shooting gallery and the game would get more exciting for about 5 minutes

This idea is impracticable, as it takes far more time to cross a galaxy than it does to send ships to the next galaxy.

Offline Watcher

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 06:26:01 AM »
Its called sarcasm? the time issue was a known factor when It was written but if we did just take out a few of the open systems it would be a faster game. :)